The Law Offices of Adrian Crane, P.C.
Steps to Take After You’re Involved in A Dallas Car Accident
If you or one of your family members were unfortunate enough to get into a car or truck accident and become injured in or near Dallas, Texas, there are several things you need to do to protect your rights. The most important thing is that you need to seek treatment from at the accident scene from a first responder or emergency care provider.
Here Are More Tips:
- Never tell the police or any the other party that you think you caused the accident. (Legal responsibility is determined by professionals on the law, not by a novice opinion. Save yourself some grief and do not accept fault for any accident at the scene of the accident.)
- Take pictures of the damage to the cars at the location of the accident. Take photos of people involved as well as landmarks at the scene which will allow the precise location of the accident to be made.
- Make photos of any skid marks, photos of where the vehicles came to rest after the accident, photos of damages to the vehicles and photos of any other things that would help explain the accident. Remember the old adage “A picture is worth a thousand words”? It applies here in helping explain how the accident happened.
- Copy all information from all drivers of their registration, insurance papers and driver’s license information.
- Produce this information of yours to anyone who asks for it who was involved in the accident.
- Call the police and an ambulance and wait there at the accident scene.
- Do not move your car until the police tell you to.
- Never leave the scene until you are told to do so by the police.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers from all eye witnesses of the accident.
- Order copies of police reports and dispute in writing any incorrect info.
- Contact your insurance carrier and put them on notice of the crash. Do not admit responsibility for the accident.
- Tell your doctor and attorney about any soreness, mild, moderate or severe pain, any radiating pain especially down into the legs and feet, mild or severe confusion, vertigo or memory loss. If you forget to tell them at your first meeting after the pain begins, tell them when you remember.
Are You Seeking Aggressive and Reliable Car Accident Lawyers?
Hiring and getting stuck with an underwhelming team of legal representatives is a horror story we all wish to avoid. Our team of devoted attorneys has a proven track record for recovering monetary awards for victims of tragic automobile accidents in Texas.
Let us give you the personal attention you deserve; let us take charge of your case. Don’t rest on your valuable legal rights. Under no circumstances should you let the statute of limitations run.
Start Today with a Free No-Obligation Consultation
Contact a Dallas auto accident and personal injury attorney at The Law Offices of Adrian Crane who will listen to the facts of your case and provide guidance on all of your liability claims. We are experts in providing great service and are completely dedicated toward serving you, our clients. Do not take the journey alone; call one of our attorneys or use the contact form.